Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Topic Maps In Near Real-Time

Sam Hunting - Universal Pantograph - Paper

Update: Simon St. Laurent has more well thought out discussions of the proceedings.
Rejects the search paradigm...he only finds 'finding' interesting.

States that his blog is part of the top 5k in the world. I must figure out if I already have that blog in my reader.

He is presenting with a working Drupal application not a set of slides.

Just in case you ever meet Sam, be aware that his presentation here was a topic map of 'The Criminal Bush Administration'. So, I doubt he's much of a Republican.

I apologize in advance....I just don't get this Topic Map stuff. But he is discussing some 'markup' related things so I'll focus on that.

Looks like Sam also attended another conference this year. Eschacon happened March 28-30, 2008...and this appears to have been the official T-Shirt.

Sam was wearing it during his presentation. You'd think DFH means something in XML land where everything has an abbreviation...but you'd be wrong. DFH is Dirty F-ing Hippy

His Drupal application has validation of the wiki markup (his assertions)...which it seems that wiki-media does not have. Which seems like a serious deficiency if true.

Also something to know about Sam...he just said "I LOVE administering Drupal sites". I think that is a pretty useful thing to know about a programmer of any stripe.

He shows how much of the pieces of his Drupal application function. Basically it is a smooth application for creating a real-time (just hit submit) website.

He had a couple hours of material but Steve Newcomb keeps badgering him about wrapping up...and now we are overtime.

12 minutes ago Steve asked for 10 minutes for questions...this is funny the old guard is haranguing him into submission...I think they are going to pull the video feed any moment.

No comments: